Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Free Writes

"I want to have a more focused ritual that is more productive since my rituals are very distracting and time consuming."

My rituals for writing involve music and talking to friends online while i write. Both these activities are very distracting and take up a lot of extra time. I'm even listening to music right now as I'm writing this. As my professor pointed out, my rituals could be worse. They could be unhealthy or harmful. I think an ideal ritual would be healthy and productive. Maybe I could make it my ritual to work out before I write and eat a healthy meal. That way I would be contributing to my health and it would give me energy to sit down and focus on writing my paper.

"My teacher says I'm a good writer because I can summarize information well."

I don't feel like I am a good writer because I don't enjoy it and I always put off my writing assignments until the last minute; I've had all weekend to do this assignment and I'm just now doing it the day that it is due. However I do enjoy reading. Last summer I read four or five books. Our assignment last week was to summarize a video we watched and my teacher said I did a good job on it. Maybe I could get a job as someone who reads books and writes the summary that goes on the back of the cover. That would be pretty awesome since i would be getting paid to read which i love to do. Also, I would be summarizing the stories which I can do very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment