Monday, November 30, 2009

Overall Reflection Annotation

In the second half of this class we learned more about the different aspects of the writing process and we focused mostly on a different style of writing, researching. On top of our weekly readings we also explored the messages behind images, how to research, and various ways to outline, draft, and write thesis statements.

One thing I learned from the Richard Miller video was that it is possible to research scholarly sources without entering a library. This is made possible by technology and the transformation of communication. I incorporate this idea in my life because when I write a paper I always type it on the computer and then revise it, I never physically write it out on a piece of paper. When we researched images on the internet, we had to extract a meaning from the picture; sometimes the image is making a statement, sometimes it’s telling a story. When I look at a piece of art I always try to discover a meaning within the image. While learning about researching, I was introduced to the world of databases. I learned how to use them and what kind of information I could find within them. Having found out how to utilize databases, I spent a lot of time with them exploring and searching for information for my paper. We were introduced to many various ways to outline, draft, and write thesis statements. Each method applied to different styles of learning so that everyone could find a method that worked for them. While writing my research paper I used some of the techniques introduced to us.

In the future when I write I’m definitely going to incorporate the use of databases and the different methods for outlining, drafting, and writing thesis sentences. These items have helped me the most when it comes to becoming a better and more organized writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment