Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Annotations for 3 sources

Source 1: Identity and Violence Amartya Sen
This book focuses on a persons identity, how we tend to identify others, and the violence these perspectives cause. This is relevant to my topic of humanity because it gives insight to why people perform acts of prejudice and injustice.

Source 2: "A Legend in humanity" Robyn-Denise Yourse
This newspaper article is about John Legend's effort to reach out to humanity. This is relevent to my paper because it provides a positive example of the good in people and how his fame helps him spread the same message i'm trying to convey in my paper.

Source 3: "prejudice" Encyclopedia Britannica
The encyclopedia entry for the word "prejudice" explains different kinds of prejudice and possible reasons why it occurs. This helps me explain to my readers why we have prejudice and why we need to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment